This time a risotto with barley and asparagus. Graupen is very suitable as a risotto. Of course, you have to know that barley cannot replace rice properly, but variety is also good.
- Cut off the ends and the tip of the asparagus, serving later used for decoration. We take the centerpieces and cut them into small cubes.
- Wash the grits under running water and put them in a saucepan.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil and then cook over low heat for about 20-25 minutes until the barley is almost cooked. Add the ends and the tips to the grits and cook with them.
- Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and fry the chopped onion.
- Add the garlic, asparagus and chopped parsley and simmer with a little barley broth for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the finished grits into the other pot and stir well. Season with salt.
- Decorate with Parmesan, some parsley and asparagus pieces.
- 200 g barley
- 0.5 l broth 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley 3 green asparagus salt
- grated Parmesan cheese