Vegetarians beware! There are really delicious red cabbage leaves filled with rice and vegetables. This goes well with fresh lemon or an ice-cold bowl with yogurt.
- Remove the outer leaves of the red cabbage. Place the cabbage head in a saucepan with the bottom facing down, fill half with water, salt, add cumin and bay leaf. Cover and cook for about half an hour until the leaves are soft.
- Fry chopped onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the journey and stew until the rice is glassy.
- Deglaze with vegetable broth and mix with pepper and parsley and simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Cover individual red cabbage leaves with the rice filling and roll them up. Attach with toothpicks so that the red cabbage rolls do not open.
- Put all red cabbage rolls in a casserole dish and sprinkle with rosemary and pour broth in half.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 25-30 minutes. Be careful that the leaves do not become too dry.
- 1 medium red cabbage
- whole cumin
- Bay leaf
- 3 onion
- 3 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 cups round grain rice
- Vegetable broth
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- fresh rosemary