Chickpeas can be prepared in so many variations. Today there are chickpeas with vegetables and dates. Serve with quinoa and diced avocado.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and carrots and fry for 5 minutes, or until the two are soft and golden.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, ginger and cinnamon and fry for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. If necessary, add a little water.
- Stir dates and lemon juice into the pot, season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few more minutes and sprinkle with coriander.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 finely diced carrots
- 1/2 red finely chopped chili
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 600 g cooked chickpeas
- 300 ml water
- 8 large chopped dates without stone
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Freshly chopped coriander